Sunday, August 29, 2010

Welfare

I had another request from Facebook. This time to write about welfare.

I am going to write on a more specific point about welfare though:

Should a drug test be required before you can receive welfare?

My Take:

So when I go and apply for a job, I am usually required to take AND PASS a drug test. Why? Because they don't want any issues with their business and it also shows a sense of responsibility.

So how about welfare? I did some research and while some states require a drug test to receive welfare it is not a federal law. I then found that almost 70% of people on welfare have not been required to take a drug test.

This doesn't seem fair to me. If I am required to pass a drug test to WORK for money, then why aren't people required to take a drug test to NOT WORK and get money?

There is no way to determine how many people on welfare are actually spending that money on drugs, but you can probably make an educated guess and assume that alot of the people are. Yes there are people who are just down on their luck, or layed off, or medical reasons etc. Yes there are alot of people who legitimately need the money, but its also only meant to supplement you until you can get back on your feet, not as your primary source of income.

Another google search brings up the fact that over 45% of people currently on welfare have been on welfare for over 6 months. Seriously?

I personally don't have solid statistics and most people don't, but the general consensus is that the majority of people on welfare aren't of the highest caliber. This has nothing to do with race, just quality of person.

Lets face it, most of the people on welfare aren't deserving of it. They are more than likely lazy and have found a way to do nothing and constantly receive money. I already stated that some people do actually need it but the majority don't. They are just lazy and would rather soak up taxpayer money.

So if we required people to take and pass a drug test before receiving welfare I bet alot less people would actually be on it. Or what if every month they had to retake and re pass it? I be we would have even less people on welfare then. Maybe we could weed out the junk and only the people who genuinely need it would be on welfare.

If that happened think about our national debt again.

I'm just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment