Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Death Penalty

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/states-and-without-death-penalty

So a few more states have the death penalty than don't.

Why don't some states have the death penalty?

My Take:

Recently a woman was sentenced to the death penalty because she used craigslist to lure another woman to her house, and then killed her and her unborn baby.

Was this justified? Hell yeah it was. In other countries if you steal they take off one of your fingers. If you rape a woman they cut off your dick. So if you kill someone you should also be killed right? Maybe.

I say maybe because I think in some cases getting the death penalty is actually the easy way out. I believe that in certain cases you should serve a life sentence in prison for what you did. Like men who rape and murder little girls. You should not be given the death penalty. You should be raped, beaten, serve 75 years in prison and then killed.

Obviously we cant do all that because we as a nation are pussy's, but to me at least 75 years in prison would be much worse than just dieing.

Theres one problem with this mentality also. If we send him to prison for that long that means that the taxpayers will be supporting that man for the rest of his life. Not to mention that prison nowadays is better than being on a submarine. (Trust me I would know) They have cable TV, full gyms, talk to their families. Doesn't sound so bad for what some people have done does it?

So why do some states have the death penalty and some don't? Well if you take a quick glance at that list again you will notice that most of the New England area states have abolished the death penalty. My personnel opinion is because there is a bunch of liberal democrat vagina's that live up there. I HATE the northeast. Anyways. Whats the real reason? I'm not sure, Google let me down this time.

So I am going to propose a bill as follows:

     To My Congressman,

  I am proposing a new bill involving the death penalty. I propose a nationwide law that will apply to ALL states without the ability of the state to change this law.

  I propose a standard set of guidelines that if a court deems the death penalty as a possibility, then this sequence of events will be followed in every case, for every state;

1. Submit a formal "death penalty" package for review to a select group of people. A "death penalty jury" if you will.
2. The DPJ (death penalty jury) will review the case and have one day to decide and vote on whether or not that person will receive the death penalty, a long prison term followed by the death sentence, or just a normal punishment.
3. Win.

Regards,
Kris Jensen

What would this do? Not only would it streamline the entire process while also saving alot of money, but it would make it so that people cant abuse certain states laws because this would be nationwide.

Along side of that, it would be publicly known that no matter where you are, you could get the death sentence. It may deter some people from doing dumb shit in the first place. Yes, I know that some people simply cannot be changed, but maybe if they knew that they would have to do a long prison term and then be killed they may reconsider.

So I ask, and I will make a poll for this week in the top right of my blog;

Would you sign this bill and make it a law?

2 comments:

  1. Kris I agree that someone should die if they willingly took the life of someone else. I disagree with keeping someone on death row for 10-20 years. I think if you are found guilty and and receive the death penalty you should be dead in a few weeks. Like you said taxpayers have to take care of a criminal until he dies. We have to pay for his food, clothes, soap, toothpaste, room, phone calls and security guards to watch him/her until they die. It doesn't makes sense in my mind to keep a serial killer alive. If someone admits to committing a murder or something why pay to keep them alive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would sign it kris.. and you know you loved being stationed in that wonderful north eastern state.. where i happen to be moving back to thank you lol. but i also agree with this one up her ^^ i agree they should be made to stay alive suffer and everything but why should we, the taxpayers, have to pay for that dick faced piece of scum? hard choice..

    ReplyDelete